With Australia open for business, now is an exciting time for experienced social workers & child protection professionals to relocate to Victoria, Australia.
Victoria hugs the tip of the Australian east coast, Victoria is Australia’s second-smallest state, covering 227,600 square kilometres – roughly the size of the British Isles. Victoria’s capital, Melbourne is located around the beaches of Port Phillip Bay. The city itself sits beside the Yarra River, about five kilometres from the bay.
The landscape of Victoria is diverse with mountains, forests, and 1800 km of coastline that borders on Bass Strait, which separates the mainland from Tasmania.
In Victoria, we highly value your professional knowledge, skills and experience from working within the social work field. Join our existing workforce of more than 2,000 child protection practitioners, who are committed to making a true difference to children, young people, and families in our community.
Child protection work is rewarding and fulfilling. Workers need to be confident, resilient, aware individuals who are open to change, and who can work collaboratively with families and other professionals. The Department provides great support, career pathways, learning and development opportunities and competitive salary and benefits.
The Department offers:
- Ongoing professional development
- Career progression
- Work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Generous leave entitlements and paid parental leave.
International candidates will be sponsored for four years under the TSS 482 visa for eligible international applicants at the CPP4 and CPP5 level.
To be eligible for sponsorship you will need:
- be nominated to work in an occupation on the list of eligible medium and long-term skilled occupations
- have at least 2 years relevant work experience in your nominated occupation or a related field
- have a relevant skills assessment / relevant qualifications if this is required for your occupation
- work only for your sponsor or associated entity, unless you are exempt
- meet minimum standards of English language proficiency unless you are exempt from needing to show this
The department are accepting applications from overseas candidates.
Please use the below links to lodge an application.
- CPP4 Advanced Child Protection Practitioner - International Recruitment
- CPP5.1 Senior Child Protection Practitioner (Supervisory) International Recruitment
- CPP5.1 Senior Child Protection Practitioner (Non-Supervisory) International Recruitment
Relocation support is available, there are two package types - relocation for Overseas candidates or there is a specific rural/regional incentive package that is available to all candidates. Candidates are eligible for one package.
If you are interested in learning more about working and living in Victoria, you are encouraged to register to attend one of the online information sessions. In these sessions you will hear from current Child Protection Practitioners who have relocated to Victoria as well as be provided with information about the role and the recruitment process and the supports the department can offer.
More Information sessions will be held in early 2023 and registrations will be available soon.
If you meet the above criteria and would like further information, contact – email@example.com
For more information regarding relocating to Victoria, visit the Live in Melbourne website.
For information on the departments strategy please review Roadmap for Reform: Strong Families, Safe Children, our strategy to transform the child and family system.