Applications for the 2021 VAC program are now open.
Are you a recent graduate or a final year student studying either a degree or diploma in social work, psychology or welfare?
Here's an opportunity to earn while you learn in paid employment from June 2021 through to December 2021.
With a minimum of 3 days per week, our VAC program gives recent graduates and university students who will be graduating in 2021, 450 hours (full time or part time), paid work experience.
This successful and innovative program will expose students to a breadth of quality learning experiences relevant to the Victorian Child Protection Program.
As a Case Practice Support Worker, you will be welcomed into a supportive team in one of our metropolitan or regional offices. You will rotate across three areas of the Child Protection branch to gain a holistic understanding of how to protect Victoria’s children.
Applications open from : April 27th to May 11th 2021
What we are looking for:
Social work, psychology or welfare-related degree students who demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- verbal and written communication
- culture awareness
Please note, to be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- a current and valid driver's licence (learner permits are not accepted)
- full working rights, must be either an Australian citizens, permanent resident or New Zealand citizens with a valid passport
- Police Checks and Working with Children Checks (WWCC) form part of the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing recruitment process.
To Apply - please visit - Child Protection Vacation (VAC) program
For Education institutions
The Department of Families, Fairness and Housing is committed to building collegial relationships with education institutes. We provide the following services:
- consultancy, advice and support on child protection initiatives in your curriculum
- DFFH guest presenters can deliver child protection curriculum into the student learning experience
- provision of specialist child protection learning materials
For further information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org