Are you a student in your penultimate year, studying either a degree or diploma in social work, psychology or welfare?
Here's an opportunity to join DFFH as an employee in a program to support development for Child Protection role.
This successful and innovative program will expose final year students to a breadth of quality learning experiences relevant to the Victorian Child Protection Program.
As a VAC employee, you will be welcomed into a supportive team in one of our metropolitan or regional offices.
You may also explore rotations across different areas of child protection to gain a holistic understanding of how to keep Victoria’s children and families strong.
The VAC program commences on 16th January 2023, preferably full time, however aligned with our policies we have part-time options.
- Full-time 12 weeks program
- Part-time 4 days 16 weeks program
- Part-time 3 days 20 weeks program
Visit Careers Victoria to Apply Now or visit your tertiary institution’s job board for more information.
Applications for the 2023 Vacation Employment Program commence 8 July 2022.
What we are looking for:
Social work, psychology or welfare-related degree final year students who demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- verbal and written communication
- some knowledge of child protection
- collaboration, respect, and team player
- culture awareness, empathy, and inclusion
- relationship-building, diplomacy, and consistent actions
- flexibility and versatile
- self-management and responsibility
- Considerate in dealing with others.
Please note, to be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- a current and valid driver's licence (learner permits are not accepted)
- full working rights, must be either an Australian citizen, permanent resident or New Zealand citizen with a valid passport
- Police Checks and Working with Children Checks (WWCC) form part of the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing recruitment process.
We will be providing information sessions in relation to this program on:
- Wednesday, 13 July 22 at 1:00pm - register at Eventbrite
- Thursday, 14 July 22 at 11:00am - register at Eventbrite
- Monday, 18 July 22 at 4:00pm - register at Eventbrite
- Thursday, 21 July 22 at 2:00pm - register at Eventbrite
Please register your interest via the links provided.
For further information, email us at email@example.com