Applications for the 2024 Child Protection Employment Program have now closed.
Applications are now being processed and candidates should expect to receive an update on their application towards by the end of September 2023
The Child Protection Employment Program (CPEP) is a paid employment program where you experience what it is like to work in child protection. CPEP (formerly the vacation employment program – VAC), has been running since 2015.
Program participants work in a structured and supportive learning environment alongside experienced practitioners.
The work in child protection is varied. A typical day may involve:
- supervising access visits between children and their families
- transporting children to services and visits
- supporting the provision of in-home support to families
- documenting case notes under the direction of an experienced practitioner.
Upon successful completion of the program and obtaining qualifications, participants are eligible to progress into an entry level qualified Child Protection Practitioner position, CPP3 level.
There are two commencement dates, the week beginning:
- 15 January 2024, and
- 11 March 2024.
Applications open: Friday 9 June 2023
Applications close: Sunday 23 July 2023
Recruitment and selection process: July to September
Onboarding: October to November
Program commences: 15 January 2024 or 11 March 2024
- 12 weeks full time (5 days, 38 hours per week)
- 16 weeks part time (3 or 4 days per week)